Saturday 4 August 2007

Barcelona and the Love Ball

I decided on the last day not to do the walk to a nearby village in the morning. I had an 8.5 hour bus ride ahead of me that arvo and wanted to chill out. Besides, my feet were killing me!!

The bus ride was long and uneventful, and I arrived into Barcelona around 1am.

I went to Wayne's place for a much needed cold beer and a shower.

It was so good to see Wayne again. My first time in Barcelona was in 1998 with Wayne, since then he has moved here.

We spent the first two days just lazing around the beach, the pool by the beach and generally taking it easy.I met a lot of Wayne's friend's at the beach that day. He has a great circle of friends and they are all very close.


Wayne and I



Susie arrived the second afternoon. I went out to the airport to pick her up. When the doors from Customs swung open and we saw each other we both couldn't stop smiling. Susie is on my buddy pass and we will be travelling together for the next month to Ibiza, Mallorca, and down the Mediterranean Coast. We went to Africa, India and the USA last year together. We travel well together and she is my best friend.
Susie was buggered from her long flight from Australia so she decided to stay in that night. Wayne and I had other plans...



Love Ball is on this week in Barcelona (really? I didn't know). It's a week long festival, sorta like Sydney's Mardi Gras. It's a our warm up for the week in Ibiza.

From our afternoons spent on the beach I was expecting a lot of fun. People have been handing out flyers to clubs, talking about which party is better, which after party to go to, are you on the guest list?? Too funny!!

The Pool Party was on Wednesday night, so Wayne and I headed to the city outskirts to a convention center for the night's festivities. There we met up with Monica and a few other of Wayne's friends. We also made a few new friends that night. The locals have been nothing but friendly.



Saturday was The Love Ball. It was held in a convention centre out next to where the Pool Party was held on Wednesday night. Grace Jones was on stage when we walked in. That was a bit of a spin out, but she was crap live.





Love Ball was amazing. There were people there from all over the world. The music was heavy but it was so damn hot inside. They were giving out fans to everyone, which was pretty cool (if you waved it frantically in front of your face and body). It really gave the party a Spanish feel seeing the whole dance floor with fans, waving them time to the music. But as it was so hot, and everyone was waving them so much, it wasn't long before they ended up snapping, and soon they joined the mass of plastic bottles strewn on the dance floor.



It was a late night (or an early morning depending on how you look at it!). Once back at home, Wayne and I enjoyed terrorising little Susie.I think that morning Susie may have started to think "What have I got myself in for?" travelling with these two for the next two weeks!!!


Monday morning we rose early, packed our bags, and headed for Ibiza!!!

No comments: